The COVID-19 pandemic has had substantial and often counter-intuitive impacts on the BC economy and housing market. As we hopefully put the worst of the pandemic behind us and look ahead to a post-pandemic world, there remains significant uncertainty about what exactly that world is going to look like. In this Market Intelligence, we look at five questions for the post-pandemic BC housing market :
• How long until markets return to balance?
• Will demand for extra space persist post-pandemic?
• Is remote working here to stay?
• When might immigration normalize and what does that mean for housing?
• Will high inflation lead to a sharp rise in mortgage rates?
Click here to view the Market Intelligence Report.
Five Questions for The Post-Pandemic Housing Market by Brendon Ogmundson | Chief Economist | BCREA